Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In My Mind's Eye

In my mind’s eye,
I crawl in a cave
Borrow deep inside
Shut the opening with a rock
Smell the sun hitting rocks,
That musky smell of stale morning dew

You think I am smiling
Never looking into my eyes
It’s a challenge,
To smile like you mean it and
Cry inside

It hurts, most times,
Knifes slitting your skin
Just deep enough to draw blood,
Never leaving a trace behind
So thin,
Invisible

All around me people fall
Like soldiers on a battleground
Struck by random bullets
Fired by angry men,
None know the true target,
Their own heart

That door stuck shut and I’m left here
I see no way out
Just a faint light
Stretch out my hands to touch it
You think the light is salvation?
Guess again

I would like to live at the bottom of the sea,
Buried between sand grains
Deep in fantasy.

2 comments:

tooners said...

deeply touching and terribly beautiful.

Princess Ambiguous said...

You flatter me too much, I'm blushing! hehe thank you!