Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It

It’s only a blank piece of paper
You think.
Not realising the full potential of
Harm it could cause,
Self deprecation,
Doubt
The increased inability to concentrate,
What it all comes to but this one page,
This blank slate,
Challenge
Shouting at me

The expectation,
This blank page challenges me,
Mock,
My inability to carve some words into
Its purity

Simple task you think,
Writing thoughts into paper
Yet hard enough to admit to
My unconscious,
Now I have to wave under the nose of scrutiny,
To you, world,
To take apart,
Mock it,
Me

A number of words multiplied,
Tempting me
Their flawless appearance,
Majestic in their loneliness,
The army of my nightmares,
Defeated tale of wannabe heroes
Massacred
Loose limbs
Zombified stares,
Mass of angry defeatists

The secret lies here,
Within your beauty,
Stark ugliness,
Bare simplicity,
Secrets unlocking
Mysteries,
My composition of light

You are the end to my thirst,
Hunger,
Loneliness,
Neediness

All I know is within you.
Between the spaces of the letters,
Your caresses of steel and thunder,
Strength and power,
Softness and curves,
Calmness,
Your rage
Juxtaposition by one

I trace you along the way,
Memorising each one of you individually,
The same,
Each different in its own way

Holding that missing
Piece of puzzle,
Refusing to separate,
Not quite fitting together.
Pushing and shoving to fit into a box,
That box you all assume,
Society’s line of best fit.

2 comments:

tooners said...

This is a really good one. I particularly like these words:

To you, world,
To take apart,
Mock it,
Me
A number of words multiplied,
Tempting me
Their flawless appearance,
Majestic in their loneliness,
The army of my nightmares,


I feel so much like you. This is probably why I don't post my poetry. I used to, but to have some see into my world, my mind... I decided to not be so open... especially living in Bahrain. If that makes sense.

Princess Ambiguous said...

It makes perfect sense, I like the relative obscurity a blog offers me, which is why I chose to share my poetry through it. If you feel uncomfortable sharing your poetry on your blog maybe you can open another one just for poetry and keep it anonymous?