Wednesday, November 07, 2007

You place your fears inside me

You place your fears
Inside me
A hole,

Burned into my skin

Your tongue
Flickers,
Burning reality
A perception

You weave
Around me,
Chess mate
You smirk

My impulses fire back,
Defensive manoeuvres,
Designed
To intimidate

And yet
You break me again
My silence,
A weapon
I cannot use

You push away my ghosts
Demanding
Acknowledgement
Through your skilful use of board games

My refusal to sway with your wishes
Broken
Your silent demands
Delivered

Perpetual cycles
Of push and shove
Tantrum ridden
Anguish

My imagination
Created perfection
Reality an inconvenience,
I choose to ignore

I will sit here
Your blows
Lifting me
Off the ground

Do no mistake
My lack of obvious defences
For meekness
Or acceptance

Merely a delay
In response
Gearing up towards
Your finale

No comments: